Ant funding is made available by Pro Helvetia Johannesburg, through a mandate with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) to support cultural organizations and individuals who are professionally active in the field of arts and culture.
The primary focus of this funding is to assist in the distribution of new and existing works to a broader Southern African audience. Projects will be supported for up to a maximum of ZAR 50 000.00 and applicants are encouraged to seek additional funding from other sources.
Projects should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply:
- Funds should be used towards arts & culture projects within Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
- Projects in dance, theatre, music and visual arts should provide increased public exposure of high quality contemporary work across national borders (e.g. presentation of a South African work in Zimbabwe).
- Projects which encourage exchange and collaboration in or between countries / regions within Southern Africa will be prioritised.
- In post-conflict environments and/or transition countries infrastructure support may be considered.
- All projects MUST be completed by the 30 November 2014.
Pro Helvetia Johannesburg does not support:
- Commercial or profit-orientated projects
- Educational programmes or fees
- Video/film production
- Training of non-professionals
How to apply:
Applications must be made on the official Application Form, download the Application Form here
Completed applications must be emailed to Pro Helvetia Johannesburg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submit applications by 10 Feb 2014, for projects that will take place from March – July 2014
Application outcomes will be announced on 24 Feb 2014
(Please note there will be a second call in 2014 for applications for Ant funding with applications deadline by 30 May 2014, for projects that will take place from July – November 2014.)